Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend





Each time Thanksgiving roles around I feel like I am cooking a turkey for the first time...trying to remember how long to cook it and what I did last year. I can't say that we have ever had a bad turkey but I can say that this years turkey was definitely one of the best. Steve cooked it in our roaster after he marinated it in a brine overnight (in a big bucket as it thawed) So not only was it a bonus not to have to stick my hand in the thing and prep it....It was moist and had great flavor due to Steve's adventurous spirit in the kitchen. The boys did a super job of putting up the Christmas trees while I prepared all the other fixings for our feast.
Speaking of Turkeys' check out how easy it is to get a photo around here! I could keep on trying to take more but it just wouldn't help.
Timothie had to work this holiday so we missed her a bunch. I think we may wait on the decorating of the tree for her return home so we can do that together. She is a good little decorator of the Christmas Trees. We just need to find her a great job closer to home.
We realize that next year will look much different around here with the potential missionaries to be over the next 3 years...so we are cherishing all that we can...as we look forward with faith.

No comments: